Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Change

A lot of STUFF is going on in my head right now and I'm not ready to share it on this blog YET.  Let's say that I'm percolating like some good coffee.  I'm trying to figure out my career and I must say that everything is so complicated when you have children and having 2 is 2x as complex.  I wish that the complexity was more exciting but it really is a matter of..have we paid that bill, what's for dinner and holy cr%$p you went to Whole Foods and bought THAT!  I think there is a movie called "it's complicated" which was a pretty sexy movie.  My version of complex is not sexy...my version hasn't even taken a shower yet.

Okay, so back to career.  I think that life really changes when you have kids.  I find myself thinking that if I need to be away from them...it better pay well and it better be meaningful.  And, yup here it comes my death thing...at 40, I'm thinking about the end.  What will I be saying to myself about my life right now at the age of 80.  It feels like a great time to make a career change but at the same time a complicated time and then again I think I'm too old to do it.  Then I realize that I get to make the rules here...who said it was too late to do anything?  So, blogites, I'll let you know what happens on this career thing...I'll know in a few months.

In the meantime I'm a walking sleep drunk.  They say that when you haven't slept...it's like being inebriated...this is on the topic of driving.  Well, Ms. Haley has not really turned into the sleeper I had hoped.  I average 6 hours of sleep a night and never do I get more than 6.  The little "bumble bee" knows when I get to bed early and wakes up for an hour in the middle of the night and then gets up at 5am with the birdies.  For a while there,  I forgot how to sleep but I'm back on track now.  I can barely get out of bed in the middle of the night to feed the munchkin.  Haley, when you read this...remember how devoted I was to you!

Here are some pictures of the one man of the house, bathing the girls.  It is the cutest thing ever.  And thus, it is all worth it!





No comments: